Hello Friends! I have teamed up with m a k e , one of Australia's coolest cruelty-free hair care brand to give you a chance to win a YEAR'S SUPPLY OF FABULOUS m a k e haircare and styling products. The competition is on my instagram (click here @teacupofmakeup) and the rules are super easy. The T&Cs are below. I thought I would also give a quick run down on the m a k e products that I have tried and which are included in the giveaway!
The Active Ingredients of the shampoo are: Wheat Proteins and Silk Proteins. I do like this shampoo. It smells of lemon and minty. It does lather up quite well and rinses out fairly quickly which is what I look for in shampoos. I've used this before and I did feel like my hair looked softer and easier to manage.
The Active Ingredients of the conditioner are the same: Wheat Proteins and Silk Proteins. One of the cute things about the shampoo and conditioner is that it says "Bear Hugs for Hair" on the bottled. That is super cute and I always feel all warm and cozy inside when I read it. The conditioner has a next texture. Not too thick and not too thin. It also smells of lemons and mint from the citric acid and the limonene (derived from the oil of citrus plants). I find the scent quite refreshing. The conditioner is also easy to rinse out and I generally leave it on for about 2-3 minutes and my hair feels silky smooth and hydrated.
m a k e also has shampoos and conditioners for coloured hair (called "vibrant") and blonde hair (click here to check them out).
The Active Ingredients are: Sage, Slik Amino Acids, Linden, Birch, Yarrow & Hydrolysed Wheat Protein. Let's just say, it is like a detox for your hair. It removes the buildup from products and helps your hair recover from damage that may have been caused by bleaching/hair dyes. I like to use this as a hair mask. After I have washed my hair, I apply this and put a clean shower cap on and wait for this to do its magic. I've only tried this a few times and I have liked the results. This one smells more like a vanilla milkshake to me. Delish huh?
PROTECTED SPRAY The Active Ingredients are: Wheat extract, eucalyptus, juniper, yarrow, thyme & kernel extract. I always recommend using a heat protecting spray if you are using heating tools to style your hair. You apply it on dry hair before you use your heat tools. I like to spray this on my semi-dry hair before I blow dry it. It does have a fruity scent. The scent seems to go away after a while.
MAKE SALTY SPRAY I've used a number of sea salt sprays from other brands before. Obviously, m a k e's has sea salt, sea moss and sea kelp to absorb moisture and nourish. Its formula also gives your hair that "i just came from a day at the beach" look. I did not find this drying and it did not seem to clump my hair together (which has happened with other ones I've tried). Overall, I thought it was a nice product to give my hair some texture but honestly, sea salt spray is on of the few styling products that I rarely reach for. You can spritz onto dry or damp hair before styling. This one has a fairly strong scent, it smells like the beach to me. It was fairly easy to wash out
MAKE BIG DUST
This is one of my favourite products from m a k e. It is a very light almost light as a feather very fine powder (see photo below). It is loaded with silica silylate and is suitable-for-all-hair-types. I dust a little of this into the roots of my dry hair and it creates lift and volume. It is perfect for doing an "up-do" and also if you are just wanting some texture and volume. This one also has that lemon and mint scent and contains citric acid and the limonene. I love this for that messy "I just spent several hours in bed making love" look. Very sexy. I found this easy to rinse out and while it did tangle my hair a little, it was not hard to work out the kinks. I do note that my hair tangles very easily on its own.
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. 2. Entry is only open to Australian residents who are aged 18 years and older. If you are under 18 years old as at the start date of the competition, you are required to obtain your legal guardian's permission to enter. Employees and the immediate families of the Promoter and its agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible. 3. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry. 4. Multiple entries per person are permitted, so long as they are original in concept. 5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. 6. Promotion commences from the time the giveaway post created by @teacupofmakeup is posted on 12/02/2018. Entries close 23:59 AEST on 18/02/2018 (the promotion period). 7. The judging will be conducted by @teacupofmakeup on 20/02/2018. The winner will be announced on the @teacupofmakeup Instagram page on the applicable competition post up to 96 hours after judging commences. Judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into Winners will be required to share their delivery address details with the Promoter within 7 (seven) days of the information being requested. 8. To enter, participants may enter via Instagram during the Promotion Period as follows: a) Log in to or create your Instagram account, visit the @teacupofmakeup Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/teacupofmakeup/)and complete the following: 1) Follow @teacupofmakeup; 2) Follow @makehairhot 3) Tag a friend 4) ‘Like’ the applicable competition post photo; and 5) In the comments section, describe your ‘worst hair day’. Any Response not written as an entry (tell them their ‘worst hair day’) and which does not ‘Like’ the Competition post or follow the @teacupofmakeup Instagram account and @makehairhot Instagram account will be deemed invalid. You will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Promotion. Posting on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data rates may apply. All terms and conditions of Instagram.com apply. In order for your entry to be valid, your Instagram account must be public and thus viewable by the Sponsor and its agents. No responsibility accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. 9. This competition is a Game of Skill. The most creative answers will win. Winning entries will be judged solely completion of the competition entry requirements and creativity. Any entry not including all entry requirements shall be deemed invalid. 10 . There will be 1 (one) winner in total. The winner will receive a ‘year’s supply of make haircare’ which contains 12 bottles of shampoo (375ml), 6 bottles of conditioner (375ml), 2 bottles of protect spray (250ml), 2 bottles of salty spray (250ml), 2 big dusts (10g) and 2 tubes of better treatment (150ml). Total prize pool value, is at the time of the start of the competition, AUD$570.70RRP. 11. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash and cannot be taken as cash.
12. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned (including but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
13. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, (including but not limited to) any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this competition.
14. Any costs associated with accessing the Makes Hair Hot (@makehairhot) Instagram page is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
15. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury that is suffered or sustained, as a result of participating in this promotion or accepting any of the prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
16. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
17. The Promoter shall not be liable for any prizes/merchandise that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. However, if the Winner receives damaged products due to the postal services used, the Promoter will provide a replacement of damaged goods as an act of goodwill.
18. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the promotional database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of age, identity and residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
20. The Promoter is Hairhouse Warehouse Pty Ltd of Level 1, 605 Doncaster Road Doncaster VIC 3108.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion must be directed to Hairhouse Warehouse Pty Ltd of Level 1, 605 Doncaster Road Doncaster VIC 3108 not to Instagram. The information you provide will only be used in the ways outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
Good luck in the giveaway and I hope you found this very quick review helpful! Drop me an email (email@example.com) or DM me on my Instagram (@teacupofmakeup) and let me know what you would like an in-depth review of. I hope you found this review useful. Yours Truly with Lots of Love, TeacupOfMakeup. 待会见! 可爱的小茶杯!